There are two ways you can make a complaint about an NHS service:
- You can complain direct to the healthcare provider. This is the organisation where you received the NHS service (for example a hospital, GP surgery or dental surgery) and is usually the quickest way of resolving your complaint
- You can complain to the commissioner of the service. This is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received. For Herefordshire and Worcestershire, the ICB is the commissioner of NHS services and we will contact the service to help resolve your complaint.
Please click on the boxes below to find out more.
Acute hospital services
If your complaint relates to an acute hospital please contact:
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (which runs the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch, Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital in Worcester) at wah-tr.
Complaintsor on 0300 1231732 @nhs.net
- Wye Valley NHS Trust (which runs Hereford Hospital) at complaints
@wvt.nhs.ukor on 01432 364191
NHS community services
If your complaint relates to a community service or a community hospital please contact:
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust (which is responsible for community services across Worcestershire) at WHCNHS.
- Wye Valley NHS Trust (which is responsible for community services across Herefordshire) at complaints
@wvt.nhs.ukor on 01432 364191
Mental health services
If your complaint relates to a mental health service please contact:
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust (which is responsible for mental health services across Herefordshire and Worcestershire) at WHCNHS.
Dental, GP, pharmacy and optician services (primary care services)
If your complaint relates to dental, GP, pharmacy or optician services please contact the provider directly. The contact details will be available via the NHS service finder.
If you have a complaint relating to an NHS service and you wish to complain to NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire ICB (the commissioner of the service) you can contact us in the following ways:
- Write to: Patient and Stakeholder Liaison Team, NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire, Kirkham House, John Comyn Drive, Perdiswell, Worcester, WR3 7NS
- Complaints about dental services: hwicb.
- Complaints about opticians services: hwicb.
- Complaints about pharmacy services: hwicb.
- Complaints about GP services: hwicb.
- Complaints about all other NHS services: hw.
- Telephone 0300 053 4356 (ask to speak to the Complaints Team)
Please note - for your concerns to be addressed, the ICB will require written consent from the person who the complaint relates to, or from a legal guardian. The reason for this request is to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and patient confidentiality guidelines. The main purpose of the Act is to respect and protect the individual’s rights, ensuring that any information about the person concerned is not disclosed without their knowledge and written consent.
Need advice and support?
For independent advice and support, advocacy services are provided via Onside Advocacy. You can contact them as follows:
- Write to: Onside Independent Advocacy, Williamson House, 14 Charles Street, Worcester, WR1 2AQ
- Email: info
- Telephone: 01905 27525 or 01905 28554
Not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint (whether it has been made to the provider or the commissioner), the next step in the process is to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman which makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England. You can contact them as follows:
- Write to: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP
- Telephone: 0345 015 4033