As a commissioner of health services, an employer and the statutory NHS body responsible for the Integrated Care Partnership, NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Integrated Care Board (ICB) is committed to:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
In this section, you will information about:
- The ICB’s approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality and Health Inequality Impact and Risk Assessments (EHIIRAs) and how they are used
- NHS mandated standards relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- How the ICB reports on EDI-related progress
NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire is committed to ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusion is a priority when planning and commissioning healthcare services for our population.
We take great care to ensure that our services are appropriate, equitable and accessible for all members of our population, and that nobody is disadvantaged or discriminated against in the provision of our services.
To achieve this aim, the ICB must demonstrate that they have considered the impacts that policies, services and practice have on our patient population and our workforce – particularly those people with protected characteristics or those from vulnerable groups.
The characteristics protected by the Equality Act (2010) are:
- Gender reassignment
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and/or belief
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Marriage and civil partnership
We also consider other vulnerable groups such as carers, military veterans, asylum seekers, refugees, and people from deprived areas, as well as groups that experience significant health inequalities such as those identified by the national Core20PLUS5 programme.
Find out more
Equality and Health Inequalities Impact and Risk Assessments (EHIIRAs)
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report
Equality Delivery System (EDS)
Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES)
Accessible Information Standard (AIS)
Gender Pay Gap
Modern Slavery Act